Shaun Harvey calls time after surviving Football League breakaway threat


• League’s chief executive will leave role at end of the season
• Bad blood from Sky TV deal played some part in departure

Shaun Harvey has become the latest high-ranking figure in English football to declare he is stepping down after confirming he will leave his role as the Football League’s chief executive at the end of the season.

With the Premier League yet to appoint a successor to Richard Scudamore following his departure in December and with Martin Glenn having said he will quit his post as the Football Association’s CEO in May, Harvey’s departure after more than five years was announced on Monday by the EFL. The 48-year-old said that he and the board had decided “to now move in a different direction having concluded a number of commercial contracts that leave the league in a stable position” – a reference to the domestic broadcasting deal he agreed with Sky last year.

Continue reading…
Source: Football News
Link : Shaun Harvey calls time after surviving Football League breakaway threat

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe to get this amazing EBOOK FREE

By subscribing to this newsletter you agree to our Privacy Policy